My Review of ASICS GEL-Kayano 16 Road-Running Shoes - Men's

Originally submitted at REI

Offering excellent stability, the top-of-the-line GEL-Kayano 16 road-running shoes from ASICS provide exceptional comfort and support for serious runners and racers that moderately pronate.


One of the best running shoes around.

By Hanzoblade from Portland, OR on 10/3/2010

 

5out of 5

Sizing: Feels true to size

Width: Feels true to width

Pros: Good Arch Support, Durable, Breathable, Pronation Control, Cushions Impact, Comfortable

Best Uses: Road Running

Describe Yourself: Avid Athlete

Was this a gift?: No

This shoe has absolutely the best support there is around. I shopped around a bit and nothing could beat this one. The first time I used it, I felt the medial arch support it gave (that's why it's great for people with flexible flat feet - moderate overpronators). This shoe is perfect for running on roads, in trails and moderately uneven terrain. It cushions for impact and if you want better support than this, I would suggest getting the green Superfeet shoe insert in place of the current insert for better shock absorption.

This is a shoe that I see myself using not just every day at work (I am a physical therapist and I am on my feet 8 hours a day) but also getting many miles of running on them. You are getting an excellent pair of shoes for its price.

(legalese)

Comments

Popular Posts